At E.M. Baker School, we encourage our teachers and students to recognize their unique roles in our school, community, and global society by valuing diversity, respecting others, working collaboratively, and accepting responsibility for themselves and our world.
In order to support the mission of the E.M. Baker School, our administration and faculty believe that homework should:
- Vary based on developmental stages and academic needs;
- Include daily reading across all grade levels;
- Foster student independence, accountability and responsibility;
- Encourage communication and interaction between students and their families;
- Be respectful of family time outside the school day; and
- Honor and celebrate each unique classroom community.