Lakeville School Physical Education
All Great Neck Physical Education Students will obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
Great Neck Physical Education is dedicated to a standards based Pre K-12 program that leads all students to a healthy, active lifestyle.
Our district wide program will provide opportunities for:
- The application of fitness skills and concepts
- Developmentally appropriate progression of motor skills
- Diverse learning for all students in a safe, nurturing, and enjoyable environment
- Practicing personal and social responsibility
- Utilizing technology to enhance learning
- Active engagement for all students through meaningful instruction
- Increased physical activity outside of the Physical Education class
Keys to a successful, quality Physical Education program include:
- Administrative, school and community involvement and support
- Ongoing quality professional development opportunities
- Teacher scheduling and class sizes that are maximally supportive of student learning
- Ongoing student assessment and program evaluation