Q. How do I make an appointment with a counselor?

    A. A student may stop into the counseling center either before school, after school or during lunch time to make an appointment. The student will receive a pass in homeroom the morning of the appointment.

    Q. What should I do if I am absent from school?

    A. You should have a homework buddy in each class and the buddy's phone number. Please call your buddies to find out what homework was assigned. Upon your return to school, please speak with each of your teachers to make sure you are up to date.

    Q. What should I do if I am being bullied?

    A. You should immediately report any case of bullying to an adult in the building. There are many people here to help you including your teachers, counselors, deans and administrators.

    Q. As a parent, what do I need to know about internet safety and cyberbullying?

    A. Visit the District's Internet Safety page for information, statistics and links.

    Q. How many report cards and progress reports are generated in a school year?

    A. Throughout the course of a school year, there are four report cards and four progress reports. Every five weeks a report is generated. Parents should check the parent portal on the district's website for access to these reports. Parents can also call the Guidance Office at 441-4620 if they need a paper copy of these reports.

    Q. How can I email a teacher?

    A. Each member of the school faculty has an email address. Just type the first letter of the teacher's first name, the teacher's last name followed by the suffix @greatneck.k12.ny.us.

    Q. How can I set up a meeting with my child's teachers?

    A. Please call the counseling center at 441-4620 to schedule a team meeting.