Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What if my child’s regular dismissal plans change?
- If there is a change in your child’s dismissal procedure, we ask that in the interest of safety, you please send a note. Only written requests for a change in dismissal will be accepted. Changes will not be accepted via phone, email or fax. If we do not receive a note, we must send your child home in the usual manner.
What if my child forgets their homework or instrument at school?
- The security guard is stationed at the main entrance until 6:30 pm. Every effort will be made to allow families to retrieve forgotten materials before that time.
What if my child loses a personal item?
- Lost items are placed in the Lost and Found, located near the Art Room in the Cafeteria. Items of value will be kept in the main office until they are claimed.
What if my child has a fever?
- Children should be fever-free for at least 24 hours before returning to school.
Where should I park when I visit Lakeville?
- Spaces in both the upper and lower parking lots are assigned to staff.
- Visitor parking is available between the hours of 9:30 and 2:30. It is located in front of the building, next to the fire lane. Parking in the visitor spaces outside of the stated time makes it difficult for school buses to pick up and drop off.
- Street parking is available in the neighborhood, during dismissal. Please remember to be mindful of the street signs.
What if I’m not fluent in English?
- Translation is provided for PTA and other large group meetings. Translators are also available for parent-teacher conferences.
- Much of the information that is sent home is available in Chinese, Korean and Spanish versions.