Office of Technical Support Services
Guide to iPad Enrollment for GNPS Issued iPads
To enroll your GNPS issued iPad, you will need to know your GNPS PC/MAC/WebMail/Campus username and password. Make sure you are able to successfully log in to a computer within GNPS or log into GNPS WebMail to verify that your account is working (WebMail applies to staff only). If your account password is flagged for change, you must set a new password before attempting to enroll an iPad in AirWatch. All student passwords are flagged for change upon creation and at the beginning of each school year to either changeit1234 or 1111 so be sure to set your password first as noted above. If your account is not working, contact your building’s Library or Technology Staff. Then, follow the instructions below to get your GNPS issued iPad ready for use:
- Choose the language and country (for example, “English” and “United States”).
- Tap “Set up Manually” on the “Quick Start” screen.
- Connect to any Internet enabled WiFi network. While on the GNPS network, you should use the WiFi network named “AW” which is active for enrollment purposes only. A WiFi network icon in the top right corner, will indicate the device is connected.
- Tap “Next” on the “Remote Management” screen that says “Great Neck Union Free Sch Dist will automatically configure your iPad”.
- Enter your GNPS username and password on the “Remote Management” screen that asks for your user name and password. Temporary passwords like ‘changeit1234’ or ‘1111’ will not work at this step (see note above regarding passwords).
- Tap “Enable Location Services” on the “Location Services” screen.
- Tap the icon named “Intelligent Hub”. Tap “Allow While Using App”, “I understand”, “I agree”, and "Allow" on the following screens.
- Press the "Home" button
- Tap the “Settings” icon and choose “Sign in to your iPad”
- Enter your managed apple ID which is the same as your GNPS Google user name but the domain (portion following the @ symbol) is appleID.gn.k12.ny.us instead of student.gn.k12.ny.us (for example, if your GNPS Google user name is firstname.lastname@example.org, your apple ID is flastname14@appleID.gn.k12.ny.us)
- Enter your existing managed Apple ID password (if you've never set an Apple ID password, 1111 is the initial password)
- The enrollment process is now complete and applications and settings should begin to download to the device.